1 Small Zucchini, cut in half and then in cubes
1 Carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
1/2 Cup of Broccoli florets
1/4 Yellow or Sweet Onion, chopped inot 1/2-1 inch pieces
1/2 Cup Snow Peas OR Snap Peas, with ends and strings removed
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cloves Garlic, minced
4 tsp Coconut oil, divided (use 2 tsp at a time)
7-10 shrimp OR 2/3 Cup Raw chicken breast cut into cubes 1/2-1 inch in size.
1-2 tsp low sodium soy sauce. Start with 1 tsp and only add more if you need it.
Cooking techniques matters for this dish. If you do not order the vegetable correctly, you will have some over done and some under done vegetables.
1. Cut and Prep all of the vegetables and keep separated into individual piles.
2. Clean Shrimp, remove shells and tails and devein. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tsp. coconut oil in a large skilletover high heat.
4. Add onion first and then minced garlic (this helps preents the garlic from burning), and cook 3 minutes.
5. Add Bell Pepper and Carrots and cook for 3 additional minutes.
6. Add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
8. Add tsp Coconut to the pan and heat.
9. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-1 1/2 minutes on each side or until pink and no longer translucent. (For Chicken, Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.)
10. Add Zucchini and snap or sugar peas to the shrimp, and cook for 1 minute.
11. Add cooked vegetables back in and warm through.
12. Add, low sodium soy, stir well to coat.
This Recipe serves 1
Multiply the amounts by the number of people you wish to serve and cook a minute or two longer at each step.