Steak Fajita Salad
Ingredient amounts are per person. This recipe serves 1
4- oz flank Steak, cut into thin strips
½ Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
½ Green Bell Pepper, cut into strips
¼ yellow onion, sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
¼ Cup Canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed, and warmed
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp Himalayan Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
¼ Cup Salsa
2 Cups Romaine Lettuce, shredded
¼ avocado, sliced
½ tomato, large diced
- Put Flank Steak in a bag and add garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper. Shake to cover well.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large skillet, on high
- Add flank steak and cook 2-3 minutes or until browned lightly
- Remove steak to a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil back into skillet.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Add Peppers and saute an additional 2 minutes
- Add steak back and heat through
Serve on a bed of 2 cups of lettuce, topped with black beans, tomato, avocado, and salsa
To make this dish more appealing to children, serve with a small whole wheat flour tortilla or corn tortilla and a small amount of shredded cheese so they can make a taco or burrito.